AMTI’s Manager Program is #1 in State Board Exam First Time Pass Rate for all programs in Arizona!
For 2017, the Assisted Living Manager Program, as approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers (NCIA Board) is a 40-hour, classroom based program. This program will provide students with the theory and skills required to practice as an Assisted Living Facility Manager for either an Assisted Living Home or Center.
Curriculum covers Resident Services Management, Personnel Management, Medication Management, Legal Aspects, Financial Management, Physical Environment Management, and Regulations. Teaching methods employ a variety of strategies covering discussion, videos, and computer-aided technology. Upon completion of the course, students must take and pass a Arizona State Written Final Exam. The State fee is $125.00 to take the exam. Students unable to pass the exam after two (2) attempts are required by State Code to repeat the course in its entirety prior to attempting the exam again. Graduates of the Assisted Living Manager Program will be expected to take the Assisted Living Facility Manager Board Exam to obtain certification from the NCIA Board and should plan in advance for the exam fee of $300.00. Certification requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the Arizona Board of Examiners of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers (NCIA Board).
Classes Schedule: A one week Day Program (Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm) is available for enrollment.
- Register For Classes
- View/Print “Assisted Living Brochure” (PDF format)
- View/Print “2017 Assisted Living Program Information” (PDF format)
What are the Assisted Living Manager prerequisites?:
- 21 Years of Age
- Copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D., or College Diploma/Transcript.
- The ability to Read, Write and Communicate Effectively in English
- Must be able to meet application requirements of the NCIA Board. Of note is the requirement of 2080 hours of health related, verifiable experience in the past 5 years, a high school diploma/GED plus Certification of Training completion as an Assisted Living Caregiver “dated on or after” August 2013. Additional information and application can be obtained/downloaded at www.aznciaboard.us
- Must have a Certification as an Assisted Living Caregiver “dated on or after” August 2013 unless you are a currently Licensed Arizona Nurse (LPN/RN) or Doctor (MD/DO) or SNF Administrator.
What are the ALM completion requirements?:
- Complete the 40 hour classroom requirement.
- Pass competency exams at 80% or higher.
- Pass Arizona State Written Final Exam
- Pass the NCIA Board Certification Exam.
How much does Manager training cost?:
- Course Tuition is $425.00 (includes textbook and lab materials) payable at registration. Or, Option 2: pay $100.00 at registration, with the balance of tuition and fees funded by an educational loan (The Education Line of Credit) offered through Mountain America Credit Union (MACU). If qualified and approved repayment during the course and for 6 months after conclusion is “interest only payments” with principal and interest payments starting thereafter for a period of up to 12 months per $1,000 for a maximum of 10 years. Contact Student Services for more information.
- Arizona State Written Final Exam through D&S Diversified Technology – $125.00
- State Board Certification Examination fee is $300.00 payable to the NCIA Board.
- Available to Purchase to help prepare you for the State Certification Examination – “Facility Manager Study Guide” is only $35.00!
Facility Manager Study Guide
By: Michael Snyder, ALFM “With close to ½ of candidates not passing the State Licensure exam on their first try, preparing for success is all about preparation. The Facility Manager Study Guide is an effective tool that can help towards passing the exam the first time!”
Where can an Assisted Living Manager work after graduation?:
- Vocational opportunities exist to work as a Licensed Assisted Living Facility Manager in assisted living homes and centers. The candidate must be 21 years old, a certified Arizona Assisted Living Facility Manger with current certification in CPR and First Aid, plus a negative TB test and fingerprint clearance card to solicit these opportunities.