Arizona Medical Training Institute students have once again excelled! The Arizona State Board of Nursing has released the “First Time State Board Licensure Pass Rates” for every program in Arizona and AMTI students were once again #1! AMTI first time pass rate was 97% written and 91% on skills versus the State Average of 90% and 75% respectively. Great job! The results speak for themselves, AMTI is Arizona’s premier healthcare training institute.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Program, as approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing is a 120-hour program comprised of 80 classroom/laboratory hours and 40 clinical externship hours. This quick but thorough training program focus on the important skills to get you certified as a nursing assistant so you can begin your new career in healthcare.
This program provides students with the theory and skills required to practice as a Certified Nursing Assistant in long-term care, intermediate care, and acute care settings. The curriculum includes classroom/lab/clinical instruction in physiology, psychological, and basic nursing care needs when caring for clients with a primary focus on long-term care. Teaching methods encompass a variety of strategies including hands-on practice, discussion, instructional skill videos, computer-aided technology, as well as laboratory and clinical based work experience.
Choose the pace that is comfortable for you with daytime, evening and weekend class options. There is a three (3) week day program (Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 330pm – 1 week clinic from 6:00am to 3:30pm), five (5) week evening program (Monday thru Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm – 1 week clinical from 6:00am to 3:30pm and/or 2 weekends of clinical if 10 students), or complete training in six (6) weekends (Saturday & Sunday from 7:00am to 5:30pm – clinical from 6:00am to 6:30pm).
- Register For Classes
- View/Print CNA Brochure (PDF format)
- View/Print 2015 Nursing Assistant Information (PDF format)
How much does CNA training cost?
- Course tuition is $1,125.00
- Tuition includes all textbook/lab materials, healthcare provider level CPR, TB test by serum, uniform top, stethoscope, B/P cuff, and gait belt).
- Pay tuition in full at registration, or choose one-half ($562.50) at registration and balance ($562.50) due your first week of class. Or select a 3 payment ($290.00) or 6 payment ($145.00) option from eCashier after meeting a registration requirement of $255.00. Tell me about eCashier
- State Board Exam is $113.00 payable to AMTI post graduation.
What are the CNA program prerequisites?
- Successful completion of CNA Admissions Test in English language, reading and math as necessary to comprehend course materials and perform duties safely.
- Copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D., College Diploma/Transcript, or AMTI Test.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 5 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Proof of Citizenship (U.S. Birth Certificate or Passport) or legal residency status.
- Students must provide Doctor’s note on suitable health to take the course.
- Students must be TB free and be able to pass a TB test or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
What are the CNA course completion requirements?
- Complete 80 classroom and 40 clinical hours
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams, 80% or higher on clinical grades, and 80% or higher on the course final exam.
- Must pass the Arizona State Nursing Board Exam and State Board of Nursing Background check to become a CNA.
Where can you work as a Certified Nursing Assistant?
- CNAs work in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospice organizations, home health care agencies and nursing registries. These positions require the candidate to be a licensed CNA, and at least 18 years old. Unlicensed graduates can work as Nursing Assistants for 120 days from date of graduation.