Arizona Medical Training Institute student’s have once again excelled!! The Arizona State Board of Nursing has released it’s “First Time State Board Licensure Pass Rates” for every program in Arizona. AMTI students were once again number 1!! AMTI first time pass rate was 97% written and 91% on skills versus a State Average of 90% and 75% respectively. Great JOB!!!
The Nursing Assistant Program, as approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing is a 120-hour program comprised of 80 classroom/laboratory hours, and 40 clinical hours. This program will provide students with the theory and skills required to practice as a certified nursing assistant in long- term care, intermediate care, and acute care settings.
The curriculum includes classroom/lab/clinical instruction in physiology, psychological, and basic nursing care needs when caring for clients across the lifespan with a primary focus on long term care. Teaching methods encompass a variety of strategies including hands on practice, didactic, discussion, videos, computer-aided technology, as well as laboratory and clinic based work experience.
Student focused class options are available. Chose from the three (3) week day program (Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 330pm – 1 week clinic from 6:00am to 3:30pm), five (5) week evening program (Monday thru Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm – 1 week clinic from 6:00am to 3:30pm and/or 2 weekends of clinic if 10 students), or the weekend program for six (6) weekends (Saturday & Sunday from 7:00am to 5:30pm – clinic from 6:00am to 6:30pm).
Now Enrolling for 2014 Classes
Begin your New Years Resolution Now!
- View Schedule of Classes
- Register For Classes
- View/Print “CNA Brochure” (PDF format)
- View/Print 2013 Nursing Assistant Information(PDF format)
- View/Print 2014 Nursing Assistant Information(PDF format)
- Copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D., College Diploma/Transcript, or AMTI Test.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 5 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Proof of Citizenship (U.S. Birth Certificate or Passport) or legal residency status.
- Students must provide Doctor’s note on suitable health to take the course.
- Students must be TB free and be able to pass a TB test or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
- Complete 80 classroom and 40 clinical hours
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams, 80% or higher on clinical grades, and 80% or higher on the course final exam.
- Must pass the Arizona State Nursing Board Exam and State Board of Nursing Background check to become a CNA.
2014 TUITION, COST AND FEES:
- Course tuition is $1,065.00 (includes all textbook/lab materials, healthcare provider level CPR, TB test by serum, uniform top, stethoscope, B/P cuff, and gait belt). Pay tuition in full at registration, or choose one-half ($532.50) at registration and balance ($532.50) due your first week of class. Or select a 3 payment ($270.00) or 6 payment ($135.00) option from eCashier after meeting a registration requirement of $255.00. Tell me about eCashier
- State Board Exam is $108.00 payable to AMTI post graduation.
POST GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Vocational opportunities exist to work as a CNA in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospice organizations, home health care agencies and nursing registries. These positions require the candidate to be a licensed CNA, and at least 18 years old. Unlicensed graduates can work as Nursing Assistants for 120 days from date of graduation.