Start the New Year in a New Career! Only one (1) Class remains for 2015: The Daytime class beginning on 11/30 is still open. Complete your education in 2015 and be licensed to begin 2016 as a Certified Nursing Assistant!
Arizona Medical Training Institute students continue to excel! The Arizona State Board of Nursing released the “2014 First Time State Board Licensure Pass Rates” for every program in Arizona and AMTI students (761 of them) were once again #1! AMTI first time pass rate was 94% written and 91% on skills versus the State Average of 86% and 79% respectively. Great job! The results speak for themselves, AMTI is Arizona’s premier healthcare training institute.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Program, as approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing is a 120-hour program comprised of 80 classroom/laboratory hours and 40 clinical externship hours. This quick but thorough training program focuses on the important skills to get you certified as a nursing assistant so you can begin your new career in healthcare.
As an option for those who qualify, the Arizona Medical Training Institute offers to “experienced” students a competency demonstrated , “Advanced Placemen Program” leading to a certification of completion as a Nursing Assistant that complies with AAC R4-19-801-805. The time and tuition commitment is greatly reduced for those who qualify. Specifically, candidates for admission must show acceptable proof of 2080 hours of nursing assistant employment within the past five (5) years; and/or, successfully completing a Nursing Assistant Program that included direct patient care experiences as part of the curriculum within the past five (5) years. Those students who are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, must interview with the APP Administrator to determine suitability for this fast track program. If approved, candidates must next pass a Pre-Admission Test (Primary or Back Up). AMTI’s APP Administrator will have sole discretion to allow the Admission to proceed or to recommend admission into the full Nursing Assistant Program. The Administrator’s decision is final.
The full Nursing Assistant program provides students with the theory and skills required to practice as a Certified Nursing Assistant in long-term care, intermediate care, and acute care settings. The curriculum includes classroom/lab/clinical instruction in physiology, psychological, and basic nursing care needs when caring for clients with a primary focus on long-term care. Teaching methods encompass a variety of strategies including hands-on practice, discussion, instructional skill videos, computer-aided technology, as well as laboratory and clinical based work experience.
Choose the pace that is comfortable for you with daytime, evening and weekend class options. There is a three (3) week day program (Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 330pm – 1 week clinic from 6:00am to 3:30pm), five (5) week evening program (Monday thru Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm – 1 week clinical from 6:00am to 3:30pm and/or 2 weekends of clinical if 10 students), or complete training in six (6) weekends (Saturday & Sunday from 7:00am to 5:30pm – clinical from 6:00am to 6:30pm). Advanced Placement students, once approved, must pass competency exams including the course final exam, successfully demonstrate all 21 AZBN required skills to an AMTI RN Instructor, and demonstrate competency in providing direct resident care during a 16 hours clinical externship.
- Register For Classes
- View/Print CNA Brochure (PDF format)
- View/Print 2015 Nursing Assistant Information (PDF format)
How much does CNA training cost?
- Course tuition is $1,125.00. Advanced Placement tuition is $ 650.00
- Tuition includes all textbook/lab materials, healthcare provider level CPR, TB test by serum, uniform top, stethoscope, B/P cuff, and gait belt). Advanced Placement tuition includes a textbook and uniform top.
- Pay tuition in full at registration, or choose one-half ($562.50) at registration and balance ($562.50) due your first week of class. Or select a 3 payment ($290.00) or 6 payment ($145.00) option from eCashier after meeting a registration requirement of $255.00. Tell me about eCashier Advanced Placement students must be paid in full at registration.
- Clinical Orientation Fee = $ 10.00 payable during the course.
- State Board Exam is $118.00 payable to AMTI post graduation.
- Questions about Financial Aid?
What are the CNA program prerequisites?
- Successful completion of CNA Admissions Test in English language, reading and math as necessary to comprehend course materials and perform duties safely.
- Copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D., College Diploma/Transcript, or AMTI Test.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 5 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Proof of Citizenship (U.S. Birth Certificate or Passport) or legal residency status.
- Students must provide Doctor’s note on suitable health to take the course.
- Students must be TB free and be able to pass a TB test or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
- Current CPR at the Healthcare Provider Level.
- Advanced Placement students have additional pre-requisites identified on the Advanced Placement Information Sheet.
What are the CNA course completion requirements?
- Complete 80 classroom and 40 clinical hours
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams, 80% or higher on clinical grades, and 80% or higher on the course final exam.
- Must pass the Arizona State Nursing Board Exam and State Board of Nursing Background check to become a CNA.
Where can you work as a Certified Nursing Assistant?
- CNAs work in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospice organizations, home health care agencies and nursing registries. These positions require the candidate to be a licensed CNA, and at least 18 years old. Unlicensed graduates can work as Nursing Assistants for 120 days from date of graduation.