The Arizona Medical Training Institute’s Phlebotomy Technician Training Program is the only program in Arizona that has been awarded approval from the National Accrediting Agency for the Clinical Lab Sciences. Your short time investment coupled with AMTI’s low tuition for such a quality, nationally recognized program represents an unparalleled return on your future!” Christy Gunning, MT (ASCP), Director of Lab Science Programs @ AMTI.
The Phlebotomy Technician Program begins with the eLearning portion that must be completed before the start of the on campus classroom portion. You have the option to take the on-campus classroom portion during the Daytime from 9:00am to 1:00pm over a five (5) week period, Monday thru Friday. Or, select the Evening class from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday thru Thursday. At the conclusion of the on-campus classroom portion, the clinical practicum must be completed at designated clinical sites assigned to you by AMTI. Students must be able to complete 100 hours of clinical practicum at a CLIA Approved Lab and achieve a minimum of 120 collections to formally graduate. Additionally, students must be flexible as regards externship schedule which could vary according to the established schedule and needs of your assigned location.
As an option, students desiring to become an ASCP Certified Phlebotomy Technician (PBT (ASCP)) can take the test offered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) at one of three Phoenix locations. The program has been approved by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and as noted above, is in process of being nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for the Clinical Laboratory Sciences. NAACLS is the premier international agency for accreditation and approval of education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences and related health care professions.
Student focused class options are available. After completing 40 hours of eLearning, students can chose from the five (5) week Day Program (Monday thru Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm); or, the five (5) week Evening Program (Monday thru Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm). At the culmination of the classroom phase, students must complete an assigned externship of 100 hours and 120 unaided collections. AMTI makes no guarantee about the externship site or time but has been extremely successful on meeting both student time needs and proximity to their home location.
Begin your New Years Resolution Now!
- View Schedule of Classes
- Register For Classes
- View/Print “Phlebotomy Brochure” (PDF format)
- 2014 Phlebotomy Blended eLearning Program Information (PDF format)
- Must be 18, Copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D., College Grade Report
- Students must complete the Health Declaration and have all required immunizations.
- Students must have current CPR @ Health Care Provider level and First Aid.
- Students must provide Doctor’s note on suitable health to take the course.
- Students must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and/or drug screen if required by their externship site.
- Complete 40 eLearning hours and pass a mid-term exam, plus 100 classroom and 100 clinical hours with 120 unaided collections.
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams, 85% or higher on clinical grades, and 80% or higher on the course final exam. Complete externships with positive preceptor evaluations.
- Pass an ASCP National Certification exam (optional).
TUITION, COST AND FEES:
- Course Tuition is $1,890.00. Tuition includes all textbooks/lab materials, CPR/FA and TB Test (by serum), uniform top and all supplies. Pay tuition (1) in full at registration, (2) choose to pay half ($945) down with the remaining due first week of class, (3) pay $330 at registration with remaining due in 3 monthly payments of $520 thru eCashier, or (4) $330 at registration with remaining due in 6 monthly payments of $260 thru eCashier. Tell me about eCashier. Students will incur the cost of immunizations if not up to date.
- Students, at the time of registration, can pay the tuition in full, or utilize a 2-payment, 3-payment or 6-payment approach in meeting the tuition requirements for the program.
- Optional ASCP national certification exam leading to a PBT (ASCP) designation = $135.00.
POST GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Vocational opportunities exist to work as a Phlebotomist’s in hospitals, independent laboratories, blood banks, plasma centers, physician’s offices, home health care agencies and health clinics. No degree is needed to become a phlebotomist, but it is recommended. The career outlook for phlebotomists is good. As people grow older, more lab work will be needed because of increasing health problems, which will create more positions for phlebotomists.