How does the Coronavirus impact healthcare training?
*UPDATE* 07/01/2020 – For all in-person skill, lab or testing sessions mask are now mandatory for all staff, students and visitors.
As support services for healthcare operations remains an essential function, Arizona Medical Training Institute and Valley Vocational Academy will continue to hold classes and train healthcare students. An essential function is one that promotes the public health, safety and welfare of the state. Nursing Assistants, Caregivers and other healthcare professionals are needed now more than ever.
Demand for healthcare workers is always high and it is even more true right now as we find ourselves in the midst of a pandemic. AMTI and VVA are doing all we can during this time to help meet the growing need for trained healthcare professionals. We are working closely with the various education boards in the state to adapt and adjust our programs to allow both our current and future students to complete their training in a timely manner.
Here are a few of the changes that have been implemented to keep students safe and allow training to continue:
- Following guidelines from the CDC and local health agencies.
- All students and visitors are screened when entering the building and required to wear a mask.
- Encouraging frequent hand-washing & use of hand sanitizer for students and staff.
- Any students feeling sick are being asked to stay home and we work with each student on scheduling and completing make-up hours.
- Transition classes to hybrid model with online didactic teaching that allows real-time interactive participation.
- Lab and skill time being limited to small groups.
- Alternative clinical experience for CNA students to complete board required hours with minimal to no delay on graduation dates.
- Lobby hours have been reduced. AMTI is open M-F 9am to 5pm. Valley Vocational is currently by appointment only.
- Admissions exams can be accessed and completed remotely.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will continue to adapt as required. If you have any questions please reach out to us at 480-835-7679 and we will be happy to help answer your questions.
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT