PROGRAM COST: $1355.00
- Includes Use of Textbook
- Includes Stethoscope and Uniform Top
- Includes Use of Class Supplies
- Payment Options Available
- Advanced Placement Course Available For Qualified Students
Schedule Options: Daytime, Evenings, or Weekends. Mesa and Tempe.SEE CLASS SCHEDULE +
- Daytime: 4 weeks - Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Evening: 6 weeks - Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Weekend: 7 weekends - Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- All AMTI/VVA student’s receive an exclusive discounted CPR rate through Heart Savers.
- Advance Placement CNA tuition is $1,075.00
- Includes: Textbook, Technology fee, and Uniform top
- Option 1: Pay program cost of $1,355.00 in full at registration.
- Option 2: Pay $695.00 at registration and the balance of $660.00 due the first week of class.
- Option 3: Pay $335 at registration followed by 3 additional payments of $350.
- PLEASE NOTE: options 3 include a finance charge of $30.
- Advanced Placement tuition must be paid in full at registration
- State Board Exam is $118.00 payable to AMTI post graduation.
- LNA application fee: $50.00
- LNA fingerprint background fee: $50.00.
Course Tuition $1,120
Administrative Fee $200
Clinical Fee $20
Technology Fee $15
Total program cost due to AMTI/VVA $1,355.00
Possible Additional Costs:
- Cover a mandated CNA/LNA Admissions Test covering English proficiency, reading comprehension, and math necessary to comprehend the course materials and perform duties safely.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 3 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Provide proof of Citizenship (Arizona Driver’s License or Passport), or legal residency status.
- Must complete the AMTI Health Declaration Form.
- Ensures students have essential immunizations and clearance for participation by a licensed health care provider. Potential students must be able to meet all “essential functions”.
- Complete the Voluntary Assumption of Risk – Release of Liability Form.
- Pass a TB test, or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
- Provide current CPR certificate.
- Internet connected device (laptop, desktop, tablet)
- Device must have a working web camera and microphone. The instructor needs to be able to see and hear you for your online hours to count.
Required to Register
Required to Participate with Online Lectures
Advanced Placement students have additional prerequisites identified on the Advanced Placement Information Sheet.
- Complete 80 classroom hours and 40 clinical hours
- Score 80% or higher on:
- Classroom exams
- Clinical grades
- Final exam
- Pass the Arizona State Nursing Board Exam to become a CNA.
- Pay $50.00 to AZ State Board to submit an LNA Application
- Pay $50.00 to AZ State Board for the State Board of Nursing Fingerprint/Background check.
CNA/LNA Course Requirements:
Further Requirements For LNA Licensure:
- CNAs and LNAs are qualified to work in:
- skilled nursing facilities
- hospice organizations
- home health care agencies
- nursing registries.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) CNA jobs will increase by 11% (higher than the national average job growth) between 2016 and 2026.
- Specifically in Arizona, the BLS shows that the annual mean wage is between $27,770 and $30,470.
CNA/LNA Employment Opportunities
These positions require the candidate to be a CNA in good standing on the Registry or a Licensed Nursing Assistant, and at least 18 years old.
NOTE: Upon passing the State Board, all candidates will be CNA’s once updated in the registry and can begin work immediately. For those desiring to be an LNA, you can begin working immediately as a CNA and once your LNA license is issued, will be updated in the Registry with your LNA license number.
CNA/LNA Employment Outlook:
Daytime: 4 weeks (2 weeks in class, 1 week of clinicals, Final Exam), Class is Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts.
Evening: 6 weeks (4 weeks in class, 1 week of clinicals, Final Exam), Class is Monday – Thursday 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts.
Weekend: 7 weekends (4 weekends in class, 2 weekends of clinicals, Final Exam), Class is Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts
CNA / LNA Course Description
Whether you’re just getting started in the health care field or looking to add to your years of experience, the AMTI Certified Nursing Assistant/Licensed Nursing Assistant (CNA/LNA) course is a great place to start.
PLEASE NOTE: The CNA/LNA course is a fast-paced course, please consider that as you choose your CNA/LNA course schedule! Give us a call if you have questions and we can help find the right course schedule just for you.
Students will attend the classroom portion of the course. This is made up of online lectures and in-person skill sessions. Students must complete 86 hours of classroom instruction.
After the classroom portion of the course, students will complete 40 hours of clinical work. This will be either in a long-term care facility or an alternative clinical experience in the classroom, using scenarios, case-studies and skill labs.
Upon passing the schoool final exam, students may sit for the AZ State Board of Nursing exam. The state board exam is a both a 75-question written knowledge exam and a skill exam. By passing the state board exam students then earn the CNA designation.
The curriculum includes classroom, lab, and clinical instruction in the following areas:
- Introduction to healthcare
- Basic psychology
- basic nursing skills
- Infection control
- Job seeking skills
Teaching methods encompass a variety of strategies including hands-on practice, discussion, instructional skill videos, computer-aided technology, as well as laboratory and clinical based work experience.
Still not sure if AMTI is the school for you? AMTI consistently has the highest number of students that attend our CNA course in the entire state of Arizona and one of the highest first-time pass rates of the AZ State Board of Nursing exams.
Have a listen to what former students have to say about their experiences at AMTI.
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT