TUITION COST: $1355
- Includes Books
- Includes Supplies
- Payment Options Available
- Additional Costs May Apply
- Advanced Placement Course Available For Qualified Students
Schedule Options: Daytime, Evenings, or WeekendsSEE CLASS SCHEDULE +
- Daytime: 3 weeks (2 weeks in class, 1 week of clinicals), Class is Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts.
- Evening: 5 weeks (4 weeks in class, 1 week of clinicals), Class is Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts.
- Weekend: 6 weekends (4 weekends in class, 2 weekends of clinicals), Class is Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Clinicals are typically 12-hour shifts
- Certified Nursing Assistant tuition is $1,355.00
- Includes: Textbook/Lab materials, Healthcare provider level CPR provided by Heart Savers, TB test by serum, Uniform top, Clinical orientation fee, Technology fee, Stethoscope, B/P cuff, and Gait belt
- Advance Placement CNA tuition is $1,075.00
- Includes: Textbook, Technology fee, and Uniform top
- Option 1: Pay course tuition of $1,355.00 in full at registration.
- Option 2: Pay $695.00 at registration and the balance of $660.00 due the first week of class.
- Option 3: Pay $335 at registration followed by 3 additional payments of $350.
- PLEASE NOTE: options 3 include a finance charge of $30.
- Advanced Placement tuition must be paid in full at registration
- State Board Exam is $118.00 payable to AMTI post graduation.
- LNA application fee: $50.00
- LNA fingerprint background fee: $50.00.
Possible Additional Costs:
- Cover a mandated CNA/LNA Admissions Test covering English proficiency, reading comprehension, and math necessary to comprehend the course materials and perform duties safely.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 3 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Provide proof of Citizenship (Arizona Driver’s License or Passport), or legal residency status.
- Must complete the AMTI Health Declaration Form.
- Ensures students have essential immunizations and clearance for participation by a licensed health care provider. Potential students must be able to meet all “essential functions”.
- Complete the Voluntary Assumption of Risk – Release of Liability Form.
- Pass a TB test, or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
- Provide current CPR certificate.
- PLEASE NOTE: Both TB Test & CPR are provided by AMTI and included in the tuition.
Required to Register
Advanced Placement students have additional prerequisites identified on the Advanced Placement Information Sheet.
- Complete 80 classroom hours and 40 clinical hours
- Score 80% or higher on:
- Classroom exams
- Clinical grades
- Final exam
- Pass the Arizona State Nursing Board Exam to become a CNA.
- Pay $50.00 to AZ State Board to submit an LNA Application
- Pay $50.00 to AZ State Board for the State Board of Nursing Fingerprint/Background check.
CNA/LNA Course Requirements:
Further Requirements For LNA Licensure:
- CNAs and LNAs are qualified to work in:
- skilled nursing facilities
- hospice organizations
- home health care agencies
- nursing registries.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) CNA jobs will increase by 11% (higher than the national average job growth) between 2016 and 2026.
- Specifically in Arizona, the BLS shows that the annual mean wage is between $27,770 and $30,470.
CNA/LNA Employment Opportunities
These positions require the candidate to be a CNA in good standing on the Registry or a Licensed Nursing Assistant, and at least 18 years old.
NOTE: Upon passing the State Board, all candidates will be CNA’s once updated in the registry and can begin work immediately. For those desiring to be an LNA, you can begin working immediately as a CNA and once your LNA license is issued, will be updated in the Registry with your LNA license number.
CNA/LNA Employment Outlook:
CNA / LNA Course Description
Whether you’re just getting started in the health care field or looking to add to your years of experience, the AMTI Certified Nursing Assistant/Licensed Nursing Assistant (CNA/LNA) course is a great place to start.
PLEASE NOTE: The CNA/LNA course is a fast-paced course, please choose your CNA/LNA course schedule carefully! Give us a call if you have questions and we can help choose the right course schedule just for you.
All courses are a combination of eLearning materials, classroom instruction, hands on skills learning, and an externship at a local facility.
First, once you enroll in the desired CNA program, you’ll receive a username and password to log into the eLearning portal. Students are required to finish all of the eLearning material before attending the first day of classroom instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: Students may access the eLearning materials on any device at their convenience. If students do not have a computer or an internet friendly device, AMTI has computers available for students to complete the eLearning within the hours of operation of the school.
Next, students will attend the classroom portion of the course. Students must complete 80 hours of classroom instruction.
Furthermore, students will be required to pass all of the classroom exams with an 80% or higher.
After the classroom portion of the course, students will complete 40 hours of clinical work. Students must pass their clinical externship with an 80% or higher.
Finally, upon passing the final exam, students may sit for the AZ Board of Nursing final exam. By passing the state final students then earn the CNA designation.
The curriculum includes classroom, lab, and clinical instruction in the following areas:
- Introduction to healthcare
- Basic psychology
- basic nursing skills
- Infection control
- Job seeking skills
Teaching methods encompass a variety of strategies including hands-on practice, discussion, instructional skill videos, computer-aided technology, as well as laboratory and clinical based work experience.
Still not sure if AMTI is the school for you? AMTI consistently has the highest number of students that attend our CNA course in the entire state of Arizona and one of the highest first-time pass rates of the AZ State Board of Nursing exams.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our former students have to say about their experiences at AMTI.
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT