TUITION COST: $2,065
- Includes Use of Textbook
- Includes Supplies
- Payment Options Available
Schedule Options: Daytime, Evening or WeekendSEE CLASS SCHEDULE
- Daytime: 6 weeks, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Evening: 6 weeks, Monday - Thursday, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Weekend: 9 Weekends, Saturday & Sunday, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Minimum 3 week, 100-120 hour externship with 120 unaided collections
- Option 1: Pay tuition of $2,065 (includes use of Textbook, Lab materials, TB Test by serum, Uniform top, and all supplies) in full at registration.
- Option 2: Pay half, $1,065, at registration with the balance, $1,000 due the first week of class
- Option 3: Pay $445 at registration followed by 3 additional payments of $550.
- Option 4: Pay $445 at registration followed by 6 payments of $275.
- PLEASE NOTE: options 3 & 4 include a finance charge of $30.
- Phlebotomy Essentials Workbook is $42
- Students are responsible for the cost of immunizations if not up to date.
- Optional ASCP national certification exam leading to a PBT (ASCP) designation = $135.
- Textbooks and Optional Workbooks can be purchased for personal use.
Possible Additional Costs:
- Must be 18
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or College Grade Report
- Must complete the AMTI Health Declaration Form.
- Ensures students have essential immunizations and clearance for participation by a licensed health care provider. Potential students must be able to meet all “essential functions”. Download the AMTI Health Declaration.
- Must provide documentation of both health and accident insurance, if available, and covered.
- Must have current CPR at the Health Care Provider level and First Aid.
- If needed, CPR and First Aid training are available through Heartsavers and AMTI students receive an exclusive discount rate.
- Students must be willing to submit to a drug test and/or criminal background check, if requested.
- PLEASE NOTE: Students should be aware that Employers could require a drug test and/or criminal background check as part of their employment process. Please be aware that if a student fails the drug test, criminal background check & fails to become immunized they cannot become employed.
- Internet connected device (laptop, desktop, tablet)
- Device must have a working web camera and microphone. The instructor needs to be able to see and hear you for your online hours to count.
Required to Register:
Required to Participate with Online Lectures
- Complete 40 eLearning hours, 100 Classroom hours, and 100 Clinical hours with 120 unaided collections.
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams and the course final exam
- Score 85% or higher on clinical grades.
- Complete externships with positive preceptor evaluations.
- Although certification is not mandatory, it is in the student’s best interest to seek certification. Benefits of certification often include higher pay and validation to potential employers of the student’s professionalism and dedication.
- Certification is available from a number of agencies. The 2 most well know agencies are:
- The ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) $135
- The AMT (American Medical Technologists) $120
- PLEASE NOTE: Some states, such as California, Washington, and Louisiana, have unique state laws that regulate the practice of Phlebotomy. If a transfer to another state is in your plans, please consult the requirements of that particular state prior to enrolling at AMTI.
Phlebotomy Course Requirements:
- Independent clinical laboratories
- Blood Donation facilities with additional employer training
- Plasma Center with additional employer trainingn
- Physician’s offices
- Pharmaceutical/Research companies
- Health/Wellness fairs/clinics
- Employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 25 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Wages: $32,710 per year or $15.72 per hour per BLS (15.60 per ASCP)
Phlebotomy Employment Opportunities:
Phlebotomy Employment Outlook:
Phlebotomy Program Description:
You’re experience and knowledge as a phlebotomist are crucial in the healthcare field. As a phlebotomist, the need for you’re role in the healthcare field is projected to grow substantially within the coming years. If you have a desire to excel in a growing and rewarding field, let Arizona Medical Training Institute be your guide.
The AMTI Phlebotomy course consists of classroom attendance and an externship at a CLIA approved lab.
Students will attend 120 hours of classroom instruction and following successful completion of the classroom phase, students can be assigned and attend 100-120 hours of an externship at an approved hospital, lab or clinic in Arizona.
Students that pass the AMTI Phlebotomy course are qualified to take the either the ASCP, AMT or MedCA certification exam.
Areas of study within the Phlebotomy program include the following:
- Medical terminology
- A review of human anatomy and physiology
- The circulatory system
- Infection control
- Blood drawing techniques
- Handling of samples
Just take a look at the first-time pass rates of past AMTI students.
In 2017, results for AMTI students taking the ASCP-BOC PBT exam were outstanding! A remarkable 100% of students passed the first time versus the National Average of 89%. That’s 11% higher than universities and colleges in the United States!
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT