TUITION COST: $2,400 (Save $200 by paying tuition in full before the 1st day of class)
- Includes Use of Textbook
- Includes Scrub Top
- Includes Lab Supplies
- Payment Options Available
Schedule Options: Daytime, Evening or WeekendSEE CLASS SCHEDULE
- Daytime: 6 weeks, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Evening: 6 weeks, Monday - Thursday, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Weekend: 9 Weekends, Saturday & Sunday, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Minimum 3 week, 100-120 hour externship with 120 unaided collections
- Option 1: Pay in full by the first day of class for a reduced rate. Phlebotomy students receive a $200 tuition reduction. Fees remain unchanged. Total program cost $2,400.
- Option 2: 2 Payments. Down payment of $1,300 with the balance of $1,300 due by the midway point of class (when 50% of total class hours have elapsed). Total program cost $2,600.
- Option 3: 3 Monthly Payments. Down payment of $950.00, followed by 3 monthly payments of $550. Tuition obligations must be satisfied in full to receive certificate. Total cost $2,600.
- Option 4: 6 Monthly Payments. Down payment of $950.00, followed by 6 monthly payments of $275. Tuition obligations must be satisfied in full to receive certificate. Total cost $2,600.
- Phlebotomy Essentials Workbook is $42
- Students are responsible for the cost of immunizations if not up to date.
- Optional ASCP national certification exam leading to a PBT (ASCP) designation = $135.
- Textbooks and Optional Workbooks can be purchased for personal use.
Course Tuition $2,000
Registration Fee $200
Supply Fee $300
Technology Fee $100
Total program cost due to AMTI $2,600.00
Save $200 by paying tuition in full before the 1st day of class.
Possible Additional Costs:
- Must be 18
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or College Grade Report
- Must complete the Phlebotomy Physical Form.
- Health care provider must verify that student is capable of fully participating in program. Download the Phlebotomy Physical Form.
- Must provide documentation of both health and accident insurance, if available, and covered.
- Must have current CPR at the Health Care Provider level and First Aid.
- If needed, CPR and First Aid training are available through Heartsavers and AMTI students receive an exclusive discount rate.
- Students must be willing to submit to a drug test and/or criminal background check, if requested.
- PLEASE NOTE: Students should be aware that Employers could require a drug test and/or criminal background check as part of their employment process. Please be aware that if a student fails the drug test, criminal background check & fails to become immunized they cannot become employed.
- Provide proof of Covid Vaccination as required by clinical sites.
The Biden-Harris Administration is requiring COVID-19 vaccination of eligible staff at health care facilities that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. This includes facility employees, licensed practitioners, students, trainees, and volunteers.
To meet this requirement, you will need to submit a copy of proof of COVID-19 vaccine proving vaccination.
- Provide proof of two-dose vaccination of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna Vaccine or provide proof of one dose vaccination of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.(Note: People are not considered fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, or 2 weeks after a single dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine) OR
- Provide a signed declination form for medical or religious reasons.
Please note that a completed declination form does not guarantee clinical placement and may result in a possible incomplete, withdrawal, or failure of the program of study.
Required to Register:
Required after Registration:
- Complete 40 eLearning hours, 100 Classroom hours, and 100 Clinical hours with 120 unaided collections.
- Score 80% or higher on classroom exams and the course final exam
- Score 85% or higher on clinical grades.
- Complete externships with positive preceptor evaluations.
- Although certification is not mandatory, it is in the student’s best interest to seek certification. Benefits of certification often include higher pay and validation to potential employers of the student’s professionalism and dedication.
- Certification is available from a number of agencies. The 2 most well know agencies are:
- The ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) $135
- The AMT (American Medical Technologists) $120
- PLEASE NOTE: Some states, such as California, Washington, and Louisiana, have unique state laws that regulate the practice of Phlebotomy. If a transfer to another state is in your plans, please consult the requirements of that particular state prior to enrolling at AMTI.
Phlebotomy Course Requirements:
- Independent clinical laboratories
- Blood Donation facilities with additional employer training
- Plasma Center with additional employer training
- Physician’s offices
- Pharmaceutical/Research companies
- Health/Wellness fairs/clinics
- Employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 25 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Wages: $36,320 per year or $17.46 per hour per BLS (15.60 per ASCP)
Phlebotomy Employment Opportunities:
Phlebotomy Employment Outlook:
Phlebotomy Program Description:
You’re experience and knowledge as a phlebotomist are crucial in the healthcare field. As a phlebotomist, the need for you’re role in the healthcare field is projected to grow substantially within the coming years. If you have a desire to excel in a growing and rewarding field, let Arizona Medical Training Institute be your guide.
The AMTI Phlebotomy course consists of classroom attendance and an externship at a CLIA approved lab.
Students will attend 120 hours of classroom instruction and following successful completion of the classroom phase, students can be assigned and attend 100-120 hours of an externship at an approved hospital, lab or clinic in Arizona.
Students that pass the AMTI Phlebotomy course are qualified to take the either the ASCP, AMT or MedCA certification exam.
Areas of study within the Phlebotomy program include the following:
- Medical terminology
- A review of human anatomy and physiology
- The circulatory system
- Infection control
- Blood drawing techniques
- Handling of samples
Just take a look at the first-time pass rates of past AMTI students.
In 2017, results for AMTI students taking the ASCP-BOC PBT exam were outstanding! A remarkable 100% of students passed the first time versus the National Average of 89%. That’s 11% higher than universities and colleges in the United States!
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT