- Be a currently Certified Nursing Assistant or Licensed Nursing Assistant
- A desire to care for patients/residents/family members needing this level of care.
Required to Register:
- Complete 3 eLearning hours and 16 classroom hours for 19 total hours.
- Score 75% or higher on course final exam.
RCNA Course Requirements:
- Pay course tuition of $249.00 (includes all textbooks, lab materials, and lunch on Saturday) in full at registration.
- RCNA training can expand opportunities for the licensed CNA to apply their skills as part of the Skilled Nursing Facility’s Restorative Nursing Team.
- Typically the RCNA training can earn CNAs a higher wage and is an attractive skill employers like to see on a resume.
RCNA Employment Opportunities:
Upon completing the Restorative CNA program, students will have a comprehensive understanding of restorative nursing assistant practices. The 2-day course will teach a wide variety of restorative practices to help CNAs in their current roles.
Restorative Curriculum cover foundational instruction for:
- therapeutic exercise
- functional transfer
- bed mobility and ambulation techniques
- skills to promote independent self-care
- successful methods to assist with restorative dining
With the elderly and aging population growing each year Restorative CNA training is a vital skillset that every nursing assistant should have. With restorative training as part of your resume, you’ll be an asset to any local employer.
First, students will complete 3 hours of eLearning material before attending the classroom phase.
Next, students attend the 2-day restorative care training class. During the 2 days, students will learn from industry professionals and have hands-on skills training.
Finally, students must pass the final exam with a 75% or higher and demonstrate each skill with 100% competence. Upon passing the final exam and the skills, students will earn a Restorative CNA certificate of completion.
Course material will be delivered by:
- A licensed physical therapist
- An occupational therapist
- A speech language pathologist
- A prosthetic limb specialist.
CONTACT US AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT